Saturday, Day 1 arrive Zagreb D
Welcome to Zagreb! You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Then the day is at leisure to get settled in or begin exploring. Later, gather for a Welcome Dinner with your traveling companions.
Sunday, Day 2 in Zagreb B
On a morning sightseeing tour, see the historic Upper Town, St. Mark’s Church, St. Catherine’s Church, the Cathedral, Parliament, and Government Palace. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the winding city streets, browse through the shops, or take an optional excursion to see the countryside.
Monday, Day 3 Zagreb to Sarajevo B/D
Journey south, leaving Croatia and continuing to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. After checking in at the hotel, relax and enjoy dinner.
Tuesday, Day 4 Sarajevo to Dubrovnik B/D
Sarajevo has been influenced by a number of cultures and civilizations during its long history. On your city tour visit the Turkish bazaar “Bas Carsija,” Husref Bay’s Mosque, the Olympic Stadium and Gavrilo Princip Museum. Then, continue your trip through the mountains and along the gorge of the Neretva River to Mostar. Here, view the remains of the Turkish quarter and the 16th-century stone bridge. Finally travel to Dubrovnik with its picturesque setting on the stunning Adriatic coast.
Wednesday, Day 5 in Dubrovnik B
A walking tour shows you the highlights of Old Dubrovnik. See the Rector’s Palace, Bell Tower Clock, Orlando’s Column and Sponza Palace. Continue to the Dominican Monastery and Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy, one of the oldest in the world. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore on your own, shop, stroll along the water’s edge, or simply relax and delight in your superbly scenic surroundings.
Thursday, Day 6 in Dubrovnik, excursion to Montenegro B
Travel to the Republic of Montenegro. Head to the mouth of the beautiful Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in Southern Europe. Visit city of Kotor and proceed with a boat ride to Our Lady of the Rocks, one of two islets off the coast of Perast. The Roman Catholic Church is the largest building on the islet, with a museum attached to it. Upon return to the coast, on our way to Dubrovnik, we will stop in Perast, an old charming coastal town. Your evening is free to enjoy your way.
Friday, Day 7 Dubrovnik to Split B/D
Travel north along the spectacular Adriatic coast, past old fishing villages and new resorts, to Split. Enjoy a city tour featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. Then see the remnants of Split’s Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter’s Temple, the Peristyle, and the Cathedral.
Saturday, Day 8 Split to Trogir and Plitvice Lakes B/D
After breakfast, head to Trogir, a center of artistic activities in Croatia. Scholars from around the world gather here to study and paint. Then, turn inland and journey to Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Sunday, Day 9 in Plitvice Lakes B/D
A full day to enjoy the spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Have your camera ready as you take a walking tour around several of the lower lakes. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder with 16 terraced lakes surrounded by thickly wooded mountains and lush vegetation.
Monday, Day 10 Plitvice to Opatija, Postojna & Ljubljana B/D
Returning to the coast, stop at the beautiful bay of Kvarner and its popular resort Opatija. An orientation tour of Opatija will show off the highlights of this former Imperial resort city. Afterward, drive across the border into Slovenia and to Postojna Cave, one of the largest caves in Europe. Tour this fantastic subterranean world by miniature electric train. Afterward, continue to Bled, beautifully set in the Julian Alps.
Tuesday, Day 11 in Bled, Ljubljana Excursion B
An Alp lake surrounded by high peaks, Bled was “discovered” by travelers in the middle of the 19th century. A sightseeing tour features the charming town and the lakeshore, and visits imposing Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake. Afternoon excursion to Ljubljana includes the open-air Central Market, Baroque Town Hall, Robba’s Fountain, the Three Bridges, and the Parliament. Return to Bled for an overnight.
Wednesday, Day 12 Bled to Trieste and Venice B
Leaving Bled, drive south to Trieste in Italy for orientation tour and visit to Miramare Castle and its lovely park. The castle was built by the Habsburg monarchy on a cliff overlooking Adriatic Sea. After your visit, continue on to the romantic city of Venice. (B)
Thursday, Day 13 in Venice B/D
Today begins with a walking tour of Venice, featuring the major highlights: St. Mark’s Square, St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, Bell Tower, and Bridge of Sighs. Visit a glassblowing factory where you will watch a master artisan demonstrate this traditional Venetian art. Your afternoon is at leisure to enjoy Venice at your own pace, shop or take an optional gondola ride. Celebrate your wonderful vacation tonight with a Farewell Dinner at a favourite restaurant.
Friday, Day 14 depart Venice B
After breakfast you will be transferred to Venice airport for your flight home.
Tour dates for 2018 (from – to):
14-Apr – 27-Apr
05-May – 18-May
12-May – 25-May
19-May – 01-Jun
26-May – 08-Jun
09-Jun – 22-Jun
16-Jun – 29-Jun
23-Jun – 06-Jul
14-Jul – 27 Jul
04-Aug – 17-Aug
18-Aug – 31-Aug
25-Aug – 07-Sep
01-Sep – 14-Sep
08-Sep – 21-Sep
15-Sep – 28-Sep
22-Sep – 05-Oct
29-Sep – 12-Oct
$2,889 USD – per person based on double occupancy
$1,198 USD – single supplement
Land cost includes:
- Accommodation in first class hotels based on double occupancy in rooms with private facilities*
- Breakfast daily and 8 dinners
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Professional English speaking Tour Director throughout
- Luggage handling of one normal sized piece of luggage per person
- Sightseeing as indicated including entrance fees to places of interest highlighted
- Headsets will be provided for included sightseeing tours
- Local taxes and service charges on accommodation and meals included in your tour price
Your land cost does not include:
- Round trip airfare to Zagreb and back from Venice
- Departure taxes/fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees subject to change without prior notice
- Insurance – non-refundable insurance premium
- Documentation including passport fees
- Early check in and late check out
- Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms available on payment of supplement
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not specified
- Optional tours not quoted
- Gratuities for individual services such as laundry and valet service or any other items of a purely personal nature
- Tips to drivers/local guides/hotel and restaurant staff – tipping is at the discretion of the traveler
- E. & O.E.
- A similar program can be custom tailored for individuals based on upgraded hotels and sightseeing program by private car.
- Although airfare is not included in this program, we are able to suggest economy class round trip airfares. Please note the airfare suggested is subject to change without prior notice and is not guaranteed until such time as the ticket has actually been issued.
Zagreb: Westin (DLX)
Sarajevo: Europe (F) / Holiday (F)
Dubrovnik: Lapad (F) / Lacroma (F)
Split: Atrium (F)
Plitvice: Jezero (F)
Bled: Park (F) / Golf (F)
Venice: Bauer Paladio Hotel & Spa (DLX)
Sightseeing tour of
- Plitvice Lakes
- Postojna Cave