RED TENT TOUR TO ISRAEL
MAY 3-17, 2018
Day 1 (Thursday, May 3) 3:45 PM TORONTO
Please report to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport Terminal # 3 at the El Al Airlines check in counter and check your luggage to Tel Aviv. If you have a connecting flight, we will meet at the departure gate.
6:45 PM Depart on EL AL Israel Airlines LY 32 overnight flight for Tel Aviv.
Day 2 (Friday, May 4) TEL AVIV
12:50 PM Arrival at Ben Gurion International Airport. Once you have cleared Customs, you will be met by your guide, who will join you for the transfer from the airport to the Hotel. After checking in, let’s discover the Carmel Market and an outdoor craft market. Return to the hotel to relax before Shabbat.
Dinner at the hotel.
Overnight: Tel Aviv, Dan Panorama
Day 3 (Saturday, May 5) TEL AVIV
Leisurely breakfast at the hotel. Folk dancing on the beach. Watch or participate! Hof Gordon 11:00.
Return to the hotel to or head to the beach just across the street. We gather in the lobby to meet our speaker before dinner.
Dinner in Neve Tzedek, a beautiful, revitalized neighborhood near the hotel.
Overnight: Tel Aviv , Dan Panorama
Day 4 (Sunday, May 6) TEL AVIV
Following breakfast we are off to visit the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. Lunch in the Sarona Market. Afterwards tour the ‘White City’ of Tel Aviv. Visit African Refugee Centre, program for women’s empowerment.
Dinner: We’ll walk along the promenade to Jaffa for dinner with a view of the sea.
Overnight Dan Panorama
Day 5 (Monday, May 7) TEL AVIV/CAESAREA/KEREN MAHARAL/HAIFA
After breakfast we leave Tel Aviv and travel north to visit the ancient city of Caesarea built under Herod the Great. Visit the Ralli Museum of Art. Next is the Amphora Winery where we will stop for lunch and a wine tasting tour.
Head towards the port city of Haifa where we’ll meet another speaker.
Dinner is on your own this evening.
Overnight: Colony Hotel, HAIFA
Day 6 (Tuesday, May 8) HAIFA/SAFED/GALILEE
This morning visit the Baha’i Temple, a World Heritage Site. Have a tour and enjoy the view and the inner gardens.
Leaving Haifa we travel to the Galilee for a cooking workshop. After feasting on the fruits of our labour we head to the ancient city of Tzfat for a tour and some free time to wander about.
Visit Kibbutz Neot Mordechai where Teva Naot sandals are produced.
Check in at beautiful Kibbutz hotel and have dinner there.
Overnight: Upper Galilee Kibbutz HaGoshrim
Day 7 (Wednesday, May 9) GALILEE/GOLAN HEIGHTS
Start the day at Banyias National Park at the foot of Mt. Hermon where we will walk to see the roaring waterfall. Moving on we come to Tel Dan. We stop for lunch in the Druze town of Majdal Shams.
Visit the Mt. of Beatitudes and Capernaum, a 2000 year old site.
Return to hotel for the balance of the afternoon free to relax or swim.
Dinner in kibbutz.
Overnight: Kibbutz HaGoshrim
Day 8 (Thursday May 10) GALILEE/ BEIT SHE’AN/JERUSALEM
We are now on our way south to the historic Beit She’an Archeological National Park.
We’ll enjoy a special, homemade Ethiopian lunch at Ethiopian Women’s Center.
Afterwards we are on our way to the Holy City of Jerusalem pausing at historic Mount Scopus. From here we proceed to our hotel for check in.
Our hotel has a Happy Hour!
Dinner at a lovely bistro enriched by an interesting speaker. Overnight: Jerusalem, Arthur Hotel
Day 9 (Friday, May 11) JERUSALEM
After breakfast we begin our day at the moving Yad Vashem Memorial Complex dedicated to the Victims of the Holocaust. Our next stop is the colorful Machane Yehuda Market. Lunch on own.
Old City of Jerusalem where we’ll walk amidst the narrow streets and alleys. We’ll walk along the historic Via Dolorosa and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre The Kotel also known as the Western Wall is the remnant of what was once the most sacred building in the Jewish world.
Return to hotel in preparation for Shabbat.
Shabbat dinner together.
Day 10 (Saturday, May 12)
We’ll visit the Israel Museum and the Shrine of the Book that houses the priceless Dead Sea Scrolls. Lunch on own at museum.
Return to the hotel to relax.
Day 11 (Sunday, May 13) JERUSALEM/DEAD SEA/MASADA/EILAT
Breakfast. Then we are off on an adventure beginning in Ein Gedi, an oasis in the desert. Not far away is the historical landmark known as Masada, the isolated mountaintop fortress of King Herod. A cable car will whisk you to the where you can explore the ruins of this fascinating fortress.
Descend by cable car and continue to the Dead Sea where it’s time for lunch and a swim in the lowest place on Earth.
Afterwards we continue travelling south until we reach Eilat.
Dinner on own.
Overnight: EILAT Rimonim Hotel
Day 12 (Monday, May 14) EILAT/PETRA/EILAT
Early this morning we leave Eilat travelling to the border with Jordan. Once completing border formalities, we drive until we reach the Rose city of Petra. There will be time to see some of the stunning sites found in Petra.
After our tour, we leave Petra and have lunch in Jordan.
We drive back to the border crossing. We will be met in Eilat and returned to the hotel.
Dinner is on your own.
Overnight: Eilat, Rimonim Hotel
Day 13 (Tuesday, May 15) EILAT/TEL AVIV
The morning is at leisure. Around noon, we check out of the hotel and drive north to Tel Aviv. Lunch at a kibbutz, desert artist colony.
Afterwards we continue on to our boutique hotel in Jaffa. Don’t forget there is a free Happy Hour every day, with a choice of drinks and refreshments.
Dinner is on your own.
Overnight: TEL AVIV. Hotel Rothschild 65
Day 14 (Wednesday, May 16) TEL AVIV
The day is yours to relax or do last minute shopping, stroll along the promenade or spend some time at the beach.
Tonight we gather for a Farewell dinner. Hotel Rothschild 65
Day 15 (Thursday, May 17) TEL AVIV/TORONTO
9:00 Your bus and driver will be waiting to provide the transfer to Ben Gurion Airport. On arrival please proceed to the El Al Airlines check in counter and check your luggage to Toronto. Termination of services on arrival at the airport.
11:30 AM Depart Tel Aviv on EL AL Israel Airlines LY 29. Shalom Israel!
***** Arrive Toronto, Pearson International Airport, Terminal 3. Welcome home!
Based on a minimum of 15 paying participants – $5185.00 US per person sharing
Single supplement $1423.00 US
*Airfare on request
Your land tour includes:
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure at Ben-Gurion Airport
- Arrival and departure group transfers
- Licensed English speaking tour guide through the entire tour from May 4-16 with the exception the departure transfer on May 17
- Luxury air-conditioned transportation for touring and airport group transfers including transportation to evening activities and dinners where mentioned + include free WIFI
- 13 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy in hotels indicated or similar
- Israeli buffet breakfast daily
- 7 lunches 9 dinners
- May 4 No lunch, Dinner: Hotel
- May 5 Lunch: own Dinner together
- May 6 Lunch Sarona on own, Dinner together
- May 7 Lunch at winery
- May 8 Lunch: Cooking Experience, Dinner at HaGoshrim
- May 9 Lunch in Majdal Shams Dinner in kibbutz
- May 10 Ethiopian lunch, Dinner together
- May 11 Lunch on own, Dinner together
- May 12 Lunch own, dinner together
- May 13 Dead Sea lunch, dinner on own in Eilat
- May 14 Petra lunch, dinner Eilat on own
- May 15 Neot Smadar lunch, dinner on own
- May 16 Lunch on own, Farewell Dinner
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary including entrance fees to sights listed
- Water on the bus throughout the tour (3 bottles per person per day)
- Full day Petra excursion on 14.05.18 including lunch (beverages and tips excluded)
- Jordanian visa fees and departure taxes
Your land tour does not include:
- International flights
- Departure taxes, fuel surcharge and airport improvement fees (subject to change due to fluctuation of gas prices)
- Insurance: cancellation and health – premium is non- refundable
- Bus and guide on 15.05.
- Lunches en route except for the above mentioned under included services
- Dinners at restaurants and transportation and escort to dinner locations and back except for the above mentioned under included
- Early check in before 14:00 Late check out after 11:00
- Soft and alcoholic beverages in some restaurants
- Entrances and services not mentioned
- Transfers and assistance other than with the group
- Expenses of a personal nature
- E.& O.E.
Our proposal is based on the following hotel accommodations or similar:
- May 4-6 Fri-Sat 2 overnights @ Dan Panorama – Tel Aviv Standard Room
- May 7 Sun 1 overnight @ Colony Hotel – Haifa Standard Room
- May 8-9-10 Mon-Wed 3 overnights @Kibbutz Hagoshrim
- May 11-13 Thur-Sat 3 overnights @ Arthur Hotel, Jerusalem
- May 14-15 Sun-Mon 2 overnights @ Rimonim Hotel – Eilat Sea view Room
- May 16-17 Tues-Wed 2 overnights @ Rothschild 65, Tel Aviv
TOTAL 13 overnights in Israel only
- 5-9 passengers using an 11-seater van
- 10-14 passengers using a 19-seater AC Mini bus
- 15-19 passengers using a 35-seater AC midi bus
- 20-24 passengers using a 51-seater AC coach