Day 1. Friday
Arrival to Kiev
Arrival in Kiev, transfer to your hotel for check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2. Saturday
Founded in the late 9th century Kiev is one of the oldest cities of Europe and considered to be the cradle of Slavic civilization and Orthodox Christianity. The morning sightseeing tour introduces us to the historic city and all its treasures including St. Vladimir’s Cathedral, famous Golden Gates, which was erected in 1037 and served as a part of Kiev’s fortifications, St. Sophia Cathedral and St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery, which we reach by cable car.
Our tour will proceed to Independence Square, Opera House and St. Andrew’s Cathedral, the gold-and-blue baroque masterpiece that was built in 1754 by Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli. The afternoon is reserved for an excursion to the world famous a Christian pilgrimage site, Cave Monastery featuring amazing architectural monuments, ranging from bell towers to cathedrals to underground cave systems with strong stone fortification walls. In the evening enjoy dinner with folklore music at Restaurant Opanas.
Overnight in Kiev at a hotel. (B, D)
Day 3. Sunday
In the morning take a trip to the large Pirogovo Ethnographic Open Air Museum, where farmsteads, wooden churches, windmills and village architecture from all regions will bring us back to the atmosphere of 18th and 19th century rural Ukraine.
In the afternoon visit to the St. Sophia’s Cathedral and the National History Museum. St. Sophia Cathedral – built in the 11th century – is a UNESCO heritage monastery complex with unique ancient frescoes. See the Bell Tower, Monks Refectory and Metropolite House. Then proceed to the National Historical Museum where over 800 thousand unique exhibits relates to the history and culture of Ukraine.
Overnight in Kiev at a hotel. (B)
Day 4. Monday
The early morning is reserved to visit the unique Chernobyl Museum dedicated to the Chernobyl catastrophic nuclear accident of April 1986. In the afternoon transfer to the train station to board a modern high-speed train bound for Lviv. Upon arrival in the evening, transfer to the hotel for check in.
Overnight in Lviv at a hotel. (B)
Day 5. Tuesday
Lviv, the centre of the West-Ukrainian region, still bears witness to its splendid past, being a part of the Habsburg Empire. Even though Lviv has had an enthralling and violent history, it still has a unique old-world charm.
Your morning sightseeing tour takes you to the Lviv Old Town – a complex of stone buildings from the 14th-16th century – and includes the Market Square with City House, Black Stone Building, Opera Square, Korniakt Palace, Medieval Pharmacy-Museum, Armenian Cathedral, Dominical and Bernardine cathedrals and the beautiful Boim Chapel. In the afternoon a Lviv Beer Tour to learn how craft beer is brewed and to sample it. During the tour travel from an old monastery dating from the 17th century to a modern-day beer brewery.
Overnight in Lviv at a hotel. (B)
Day 6. Wednesday
A full day tour today takes us to visit the castles around Lviv: Olesko Castle dating back to 13th century and the residence of Polish Kings, like Jan Sobieski featuring a magnificent collection of old-world furniture and paintings, a museum with beautiful pieces of jewellery, a nice park and Zolochiv Palace – a jewel of defensive architecture, built in 17th century.
Over centuries the palace served as fortress and royal residence. In the courtyard proudly sits the Grand Palace and Chinese Palace. In the evening enjoy a Carpathian farewell dinner at the famous restaurant Trout, Bread and Wine with its highlight dish – Carpathian trout.
Overnight in Lviv at a hotel. (B, D)
Day 7. Thursday
Transfer to the airport.
2018 Tour Dates:
Land package price:
$ 1,180 US per person based on double occupancy
$ 393 USD Single supplement
Land cost includes:
- Transfers arrival/departure
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- 6 overnights accommodation at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 x buffet breakfast, 2 x dinners
- Service of 1st class vehicle throughout the itinerary
- Service of English speaking tour escort
- One-way 2nd class Hyundai high-speed train Kiev-Lviv
- Entrance fee as per itinerary
- Portage at hotels and railway stations (one bag per person)
Land cost does not include:
- International flights
- Departure taxes/fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees subject to change without prior notice
- Travel insurance – non-refundable insurance premium
- Documentation including passport fees
- Early check in and late check out
- Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms is available on payment of supplement
- Optional pre, post or other private tour arrangements
- Services not mentioned
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not specified
- Gratuities for individual services such as laundry and valet service or any other items of a purely personal nature
- Tips to drivers/local guides/hotel and restaurant staff – tipping is at the discretion of the traveler
- & O.E.
- Although airfare is not included in this program, we are able to suggest economy class round trip airfares. Please note the airfare suggested is subject to change without prior notice and is not guaranteed until such time as the ticket has actually been issued.
- A similar program can be custom tailored for individuals based on sightseeing program by private car.
- No visa is required for travel to Ukraine. Always make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the tour ends.
- We can accommodate pre/post tour arrangements in conjunction with this departure.