Tel Aviv or Jerusalem/Sheikh Hussein Bridge/Jerash/Amman
Leaving Tel Aviv or Jerusalem we head to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing to complete the procedures to enter Jordan. Once this has been completed, we head to Jerash, a city of the Decapolis some 45 kms. north of Amman in the fertile heights of the Gilad. Visit the ancient Roman city with its colonnaded street, the baths and the Temple of Artemis located at the top of a small hill in addition to other highlights. Following our visit we head to Amman for a panoramic city tour of the Jordanian capital. Overnight in Amman. Visa for Jordan is required.
After an early breakfast we leave the hotel and drive to Mount Nebo from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Enjoy the panoramic view which includes the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea. At the top of the mountain we can see the serpentine cross sculpture known as the “Brazen Serpentine” created by Italian artist Giovanni Fantoni and view the remains of the Byzantine Church with its mosaic floor. Continue south along the Desert Highway to Wadi Musa, the modern day village of Petra, the astonishing rose-red city built by the Nabateans (an early Arabic tribe). On July 07, 2007 Petra was named as one of the new 7 Wonders of the World. Petra was the ancient capital of the Nabataeans from the 3rd century B.C. to the 2nd century A.D. Your visit begins with the either a walk or ride on horseback (cost not included) for about 700m to the entrance of the Siq which is about 1.2 km long (walking distance). Petra is famous for its huge monuments such as the treasury known as Al-Khazneh, royal tombs, the court, Roman theatre, Roman Street, Qasr al-Bint (Palace of Pharaoh’s daughter) and many other smaller fascinating monuments. The city itself is almost 45km. Return to Wadi Musa village for overnight in Petra.
Petra/Wadi Rum/Madaba/Allenby Bridge*/Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
This morning after breakfast we drive south to the towering mountains and rock formations of Wadi Musa which mesmerized Lawrence of Arabia. Drive through stunning desert landscapes on a 2 hour jeep safari visiting the Lawrence Spring and Khazali Canyon. Continue north to Madaba known as “the city of mosaics” to see the ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land which is found in the Church of Saint George. You will also have a chance to visit some of the ruins of historical sites in Madaba before heading to Amman for overnight.
Amman/Sheikh Bridge/Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
Following breakfast we leave the hotel and drive to the border to complete formalities before driving back to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
*The sequence of the tour, border crossing points used, hotels used and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances.
2021 Tour Dates:
Your land arrangements include:
– Transfers to and from the border
– Tours as per the itinerary
– Accommodation in hotels as per the category requested or similar subject to availability, the second night in Jordan might take place in Amman instead of Petra
– 3 nights accommodation based on breakfast (**Due to availability, the second night in Jordan might take place in Amman instead of Petra)
– Entrance fees to the sites visited as per itinerary
Your land arrangements do not include:
– Airfare to and from Tel Aviv
– Departure taxes, fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees
– Porterage at the airport or hotels
– Early check in/late check out
– Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms available on payment of supplement
– Meals and beverages not mentioned
– Optional tours not quoted
– Jordanian visa
– Jordanian border taxes- border taxes are subject to change according to the border crossing used. Usually Jordan is entered through the Sheikh Hussein northern border, however, on occasion and due to circumstances, the Allenby Border crossing is used instead. In this case, the payment will be higher.
– Horseback ride at Petra
– Gratuities for individual services, laundry and valet service and any other items of a purely personal nature
– Tipping to guide, driver, hotel or restaurant staff, horse handler in Petra
– E. & O.E.
B = breakfast L= lunch Dinner = dinner
For information or reservations contact, Janice Snider.