Caesarea, Megiddo, Haifa, Akko, Galilee, Tiberias, Capernaum, Banias, Galilee, Nazareth, Beit Shean, Jerusalem, The Dead Sea, Masada, Jerash, Amman, Petra, Madaba, Mount Nebo
Day 1, Sunday, Ben Gurion Airport / Tel Aviv
Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport, where you will be met by a company’s representative and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Day 2, Monday, Caesarea / Muhraka / Megiddo / Akko
Depart Tel-Aviv and drive along the coastal plain to Caesarea, once the Roman capital of the region. Visit the excavations of the ancient city, the Roman theatre and aqueduct. Proceed to Muhraka, the site of confrontation between Elijah and the prophets of Baal, and enjoy the spectacular view of the Jezreel valley and the lower Galilee. Continue to Megiddo, identified as the site of Armageddon, learn the impressive history of this battle field as you visit the archaeological excavations including the well-preserved water supply system. Onto Akko to visit the remarkable underground Crusader City and crypt, then walk through the Old City recognized by UNESCO as world heritage site , the local market and harbor. Overnight in Kibbutz.
Day 3, Tuesday, Tiberias / Capernaum / Banias
After a short tour of Tiberias, enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee; visit the Yigal Alon center where the “Jesus boat”, an ancient fishing boat from the 1st century, is displayed. Continue to Capernaum to visit the remains of the 2nd century synagogue. Stop at Tabgha, the site of the Miracle of Fish and Loaves, and visit the Church of Multiplication with its 4th century mosaic floor. Proceed to Mount of Beatitudes, the place where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. Drive to the Banias Springs and tour the Golan heights. Overnight in Kibbutz.
Day 4, Wednesday, Cana / Nazareth / Beit She’an
Drive to Cana to visit the Wedding Church, where Jesus performed his first miracle turning water into wine. Continue to Nazareth to visit the Church of Annunciation, Joseph’s workshop and Mary’s well. Proceed to Yardenit, the Baptismal site on the Jordan River, next, stop at Beit Shean to visit the newly excavated Roman city and amphitheatre . Drive along the Jordan valley to Jerusalem. Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 5, Thursday, Jerusalem (Old City)
Drive to Mount of Olives for a panoramic view of the city, follow to the Church of All Nations, King David’s Tomb and Room of Last Supper (the Cennacle) on Mt. Zion. Enter the Old City and walk through the Cardo, the ancient roman road. Visit the Jewish and Christian quarters, view the Temple Mount, walk along the historic Via Dolorosa and the oriental Bazaar to visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre. Next, drive to the Garden Tomb and enjoy the beautiful gardens and peaceful ambiance. Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 6, Friday, Jerusalem (New City) / Bethlehem*
Drive to Ein Karem to visit the Church of Visitation, proceed to Yad Vashem, the memorial to the Holocaust. Visit the Israel Museum, the Shrine of the Book, where the Dead Sea scrolls are housed, and the miniature model of Jerusalem as it was during the Second Temple period. Proceed to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus, visit Shepherds’ field and walk through Manger Square to visit the remarkable Church of Nativity. Return to Jerusalem. Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 7, Saturday, Qumran / Masada / Dead Sea
Drive through the Judean hills to Qumeran caves,
where the Dead Sea scrolls were found. Continue along the shores of the Dead Sea to Masada, the last stronghold of the Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 A.D. Ascend Massada by cable car and tour the mountain fortress built by King Herod. On the top of the hill, visit the remains of the walls, water cistern and Herod’s Palace. Afterward descend by cable car. Continue to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth and enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the unsinkable water and cover yourself with the mineral rich mud, believed to have therapeutic effects. Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 8, Sunday, Jerusalem / Sheikh Hussein Bridge / Jerash / Amman
Drive from Jerusalem to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing for procedures to enter Jordan. Proceed to Jerash – city of the Decapolis, located about 45 km north of Amman in the fertile heights of the Gilad. Visit the ancient Roman city with colonnaded streets, the baths and the hill of the top Temple etc. Drive to Amman for a panoramic city tour of the Jordanian capital. Overnight in Amman.
Day 9, Monday, Amman / Petra
After early breakfast, leave the hotel and travel south on the road to Wadi Musa, the modern village of Petra. Walk, or ride on horseback, to the “Siq” (canyon) and then on foot into Petra, known as “Sela Edom” or red rock city, the ancient capital of the Nabateans from the 3rd century B.C. to 2nd Century A.D. Visit the most interesting monuments such as the Treasury, El Khazneh (a tomb of a Nabatean king) then the field of tombs, obelisks, the altar, (Al Madhbah) – from this point you can view the whole of the rock city, then back to Wadi Musa village. Overnight in Petra.
Day 10, Tuesday, Petra / Madaba / Mount Nebo / Allenby Bridge / Tel Aviv
Drive to Madaba to see the ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land and ruins of historical sites. Continue about 10 km to Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From there you will see the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea etc. Visit the remains of the Byzantine church with a mosaic floor. Drive to the border and onwards to Tel Aviv. Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Day 11, Wednesday, Tel Aviv / Ben Gurion Airport
Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport for departure.
* Visit subject to the security conditions.
** Program sequence is subject to change without advance notice.
Please note: The hotels might be replaced with similar ones.
2019 Tour Dates:
Mar 3 10 17 24 31
Apr 7 28
May 5 12 19 26
Jun 2 9 16 23 30
Jul 7 14 21 28
Aug 4 11 18 25
Sep 1 8 15 22
Nov 3 10 17 24
Dec 1 8 15 22 29
2020 Tour Dates:
Feb 2 9
The rates include the following services:
- Shared transfers on arrival and departure (from/to Ben Gurion Airport)
- 10 nights accommodation sharing a double/twin room, on half board basis (breakfast and dinner), except Art Plus hotel on bed&breakfast basis (Due to availability, the second night in Jordan might take place in Amman instead of Petra)
- Transportation by air conditioned motorcoach
- 9 touring days as per itinerary, with English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the sites visited as per itinerary
- All Flights
- Border taxes (approximately $50.00 – subject to change*) and visa to Jordan. A valid visa to Jordan is required.
- Departure taxes/fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees subject to change without prior notice
- Travel insurance – non-refundable insurance premium
- Documentation including passport fees
- Early check in and late check out
- Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms is available on payment of supplement
- Optional pre-, post or other private tour arrangements
- Services not mentioned
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not specified
- Gratuities for individual services such as laundry and valet service or any other items of a purely personal nature
- Tips to drivers/local guides/hotel and restaurant staff – tipping is at the discretion of the traveler
- E. & O.E.
- The hotels appearing in the table might be replaced with similar ones.
- Border Tax costs are subject to change and according to the border crossing used on any given tour. (Usually Jordan is entered through Sheikh Hussein northern border, however on occasion and due to circumstances the Allenby border crossing is used instead. In such case, the payment will be approx. $68.00 per person)