Walk through the old streets to the Sé Cathedral and Montes dos Olivais where the largest Jewish Quarter was set encountering the highlights of this UNESCO city centre. Visit the biggest synagogue in the Iberian Peninsula right here in Porto while being educated about the Jewish heritage and its lasting influence.
Learn about the Jewish community not only in Porto but as well about the Jewish heritage in Portugal from Sepharad, the Middle Age Jews and the terrible times of the Inquisition, the Modern Age New Christians and the Jewish Renaissance 20th century.
Once you cross the Douro River, witnessing the breathtaking setting of the city itself, you will finish in a famous port wine cellar for a tour and tasting to appreciate not only the port wine but its culture and impact on this region.
There will be some free time for lunch and for shopping, taking photos, etc.
9:00 am (or as per guests’ itinerary)
PRICE PER GROUP:
- 1-2 people: $359 US
- 3-6 people: $449 US
- 7-8 people: $579 US
- Tour departs from your hotel or any location requested by guest in Porto.
- Other departure points available upon request (and may be subject to additional fees).
- At the port, hotel or other location as requested by guest
- Professional guiding services
- Private transportation in modern spacious air conditioned tour van
- All mandatory insurance required by the Tourism of Portugal Organization
- Freeway tolls
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Bottled water
- Lunch (optional)
- Entrance fee to synagogue and wine cellar (optional)
- Any personal expenses (souvenirs, snacks, etc)
ENTRANCE FEES AND EXTRAS:
- Synagogue $6 US/person,
- Livraria Lello (Lello Bookstore) $ 7 US/person (pre-reserved tickets= no line),
- Lunch (optional) at fresh seafood restaurant $35 US/person, full menu
- Tour can be customized based on guests’ requests
- Tour is subject to change depending on weather, traffic conditions, holidays, etc.
- The order of sites visited may vary based on the guide’s discretion
- Wear comfortable walking shoes is highly recommended, since terrain is uneven with cobblestone
- Prices indicated above are subject to change