DAY 1 (THURSDAY): ARRIVAL COPENHAGEN
Arrival in Copenhagen, transfer from Copenhagen Airport to Hotel Tivoli**** or similar, check-in.
Overnight in Copenhagen (Denmark).
DAY 2 (FRIDAY): COPENHAGEN-OSLO
Copenhagen is Scandinavia’s largest and most lively city and one of Europe’s most romantic capitals with its old castles and churches and charming squares and harbors. The morning sightseeing tour will acquaint us with all the city’s treasures: the bronze Little Mermaid guarding the port, the Royal Castle, Nyhavn with its restaurants and small boats and the City Hall Square. In the afternoon we embark on the DFDS Seaways overnight ferry bound for Oslo. The ferry offers a wide choice of restaurants, bars, shops and much more. Dinner on-board.
Overnight on board the ferry. (B, D)
DAY 3 (SATURDAY): OSLO-EIDFJORD
Upon arrival to Oslo our tour heads directly to Hoenefoss, Nesbyen surrounded by a landscape, which alternates between forests of pines and lakes to arrive in the beautiful Hallingdal Valley. We visit Gol and arrive in Geilo, a small town surrounded by mountains. Our tour continues to Hardangervidda where we visit the thundering Voringfossen waterfall before we arrive to Eidfjord, where our hotel is located. Check in at Hotel Quality Voringfoss****, or similar. Dinner at hotel.
Overnight in Eidfjord (Norway). (B, D)
DAY 4 (SUNDAY): EIDFJORD-BERGEN
This morning takes us further into breath-taking Norwegian nature. We cross the splendid Hardanger fjord, by travelling across Hardanger Bridge which is one of the longest suspension bridge spans in the world. On the other side of the bridge we pass Nordheimsund and crossing birch forests we arrive to Bergen – known as the capital of the fjords. Situated on a peninsula surrounded by 7 mountains, the history of Bergen is closely connected with the sea and this is very noticeable in the city, especially at the city’s picturesque waterfront. The afternoon sightseeing tour introduces us to this remarkable Hanseatic city with the Bryggen area of old wooden houses, the traditional Fish Market and the city centre with the St. Mary’s Church and Haakon’s Hall. We check-in at Hotel Scandic Oernen**** or similar.
Overnight in Hanseatic city (Norway). (B)
DAY 5 (MONDAY): BERGEN-STALHEIM
The morning is at leisure to explore more of the stunning Norwegian fjord capital. In the early afternoon we travel to the historical town of Voss, which has a scenic background of snow clad mountains. After a break here we continue towards the Naroy Valley and Stalheim, offering a stunning view down the Stalheim Gorge, Check-in at Hotel Stalheim**** or similar. Dinner at hotel.
Overnight in Stalheim (Norway). (B, D)
DAY 6 (TUESDAY): STALHEIM-FAGERNES
Today we continue through the fjord region with its formidable water-drowned glacial valleys, flanked by impossible rugged terrain to Gudvangen where we cross the Naroyfjord and reach the village of Flam. An optional tour – Flam Railway: one of the most famous and most breath- taking railway journeys in the world. In the afternoon the journey continues along the Aurlandfjord. A photo stop at the famous Borgund Stave Church before we continue to Fagernes. Check-in at Hotel Thon Scandic Valdres**** or similar. Dinner at hotel.
Overnight in Fagernes (Norway). (B)
DAY 7 (WEDNESDAY): FAGERNES-OSLO
After breakfast we leave the majestic Norwegian fjords behind us and travel back towards Oslo which we reach early in the afternoon. Check in at Hotel Thon Opera**** or similar. Founded in 1048 Oslo is Scandinavia’s oldest capital and today it is a very pleasant and casual city with an interesting jumble of historical and modern architecture. Upon arrival in Oslo we start our morning sightseeing tour. We enjoy a walk around the Frogner Park decorated with the unique sculptures by Gustav Vigeland. We pass by the City Hall and the main street, Karl Johan, leading to the Royal Palace.
Overnight in Oslo (Norway). (B)
DAY 8 (THURSDAY): OSLO-STOCKHOLM
Today we head for Stockholm, passing through Norwegian forests. We cross the border and enter the county of Varmland in Sweden. Throughout the balance of the day we drive through typical Swedish landscapes with fertile farmland, blue lakes and thick forests, which evoke an atmosphere of intriguing fairytales. In the afternoon we arrive at Stockholm. Check-in at Hotel Scandic Grand Central**** or similar.
Overnight in Stockholm (Sweden). (B)
DAY 9 (FRIDAY): STOCKHOLM
Stockholm – the beauty on the water – is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful capitals in the world, built on 14 islands and protected from the sea by Skargarden, the Stockholm archipelago. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with the Royal Palace, Stockholm Cathedral and the city centre with its famous City Hall. The afternoon is free for individual visits.
Overnight in Stockholm (Sweden). (B)
DAY 10 (SATURDAY): STOCKHOLM DEPARTURE
Transfer from hotel to the Arlanda Airport. (B)
2018 Tour Dates:
Land package price:
$ 2,940 US per person based on double occupancy
$ 1,240 USD Single supplement
Land cost includes:
- Transfers arrival/departure in Copenhagen and Stockholm (shared transfer with English speaking assistant)
- 8 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 1 overnight on the DFDS ferry Copenhagen-Oslo OW, outside-cabins
- 9 buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (3 x 3-course hotel dinners and 1 x buffet on board the ferry)
- Service of English speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of first class motor coaches and first class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels and ferry terminals (one bag per person)
Land cost does not include:
- International flights
- Departure taxes/fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees subject to change without prior notice
- Travel insurance – non-refundable insurance premium
- Documentation including passport fees
- Early check in and late check out
- Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms is available on payment of supplement
- Optional pre, post or other private tour arrangements
- Services not mentioned
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not specified
- Gratuities for individual services such as laundry and valet service or any other items of a purely personal nature
- Tips to drivers/local guides/hotel and restaurant staff – tipping is at the discretion of the traveler
- E & O.E.
Copenhagen, 1 night – Hotel Tivoli 4* https://www.tivolihotel.dk/
Copenhagen – Oslo – DFDS Seaways overnight ferry https://www.dfdsseaways.com/cruises-europe/denmark-norway-cruise/copenhagen-oslo-cruise
Eidfjord, 1 night – Hotel Quality Voringfoss 4* https://www.nordicchoicehotels.no/hotell/norge/eidfjord/quality-hotel-voringfoss/
Hanseatic city, 1 night – Hotel Scandic Oernen 4* https://www.scandichotels.no/hotell/norge/bergen/scandic-ornen
Stalheim, 1 night – Hotel Stalheim 4* http://www.stalheim.com/
Fagernes, 1 night – Hotel Thon Scandic Valdres 4* https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels/norway/fagernes/scandic-valdres
Oslo, 1 night – Hotel Thon Opera 4* https://www.thonhotels.no/hoteller/norge/oslo/thon-hotel-opera/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=infoboks&utm_campaign=GMB
Stockholm, 2 nights – Hotel Scandic Grand Central 4* https://www.scandichotels.com/grandcentral
- Although airfare is not included in this program, we are able to suggest economy class round trip airfares. Please note the airfare suggested is subject to change without prior notice and is not guaranteed until such time as the ticket has actually been issued.
- A similar program can also be custom tailored for individuals based on the sightseeing program by private car.
- No visa is required for travel to Scandinavia. Always make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the tour ends.
- Pre/post tour arrangements are available on request.