Departing from Porto or Lisbon, we can drive via Obidos & Aveiro OR Fatima & Coimbra, both very interesting routes and lovely to visit. Fatima, one of the most popular pilgrimage sites, a very spiritual (Catholic) sanctuary with beautifully renovated church, is amazing to visit, despite one’s religious beliefs. Aveiro coined as ‘Little Venice’ is made up of canals running filled with colourful boats. Atop a little mountain sits Obidos, a charming walled town with streets filled with the local handicrafts, ceramics, linens and souvenirs. Another UNESCO heritage site, Coimbra is a pristine town boasting the second oldest university in the world.
Option of visiting Batalha Monastery, Alcobaça Monastery or the Convent of Christ Monastery in Tomar (subject to quotation).
9:00am (or as per guests’ itinerary)
PRICE PER GROUP:
1-2 people: $ 715 US
3-6 people: $ 775 US
7-8 people: $ 850 US
- Tour departs from your hotel or any location requested by guest in Porto or Lisbon centre.
- Other departure points available upon request (and may be subject to additional fees).
- At the port, hotel or other location as requested by guest.
- Professional guiding service
- Private transportation in modern spacious air conditioned Mercedes tour van
- All mandatory insurance required by the Tourism of Portugal Organization
- Freeway tolls
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Bottled water
- Entry fee to monuments and university
- Any personal expenses (bottles of wine, souvenirs, snacks, etc)
ENTRANCE FEES AND EXTRAS (depending on route):
- Coimbra University $13 US/person,
- Tomar – Synagogue $6 US/person,
- Lunch (optional) $35 US/person
- Tour can be customized based on guests’ requests
- Tour subject to change based on weather, traffic conditions, holidays, etc.
- The order of sites visited may vary based on the guide’s discretion
- Wear comfortable walking shoes is highly recommended, since terrain is uneven with cobblestone