Monday, Day 1, arrive Vienna
You will be met and transferred to your hotel. Then, your time is free to start discovering the city’s delights, from shopping to parks to pastries. Later, enjoy dinner in typical Heurigen, or wine tavern, in Grinzing, just outside of Vienna. (D)
Tuesday, Day 2, in Vienna
On a morning sightseeing tour, visit the Hofburg Palace, once the seat of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Next, view the Belvedere Palace, Prater Amusement Park, the UN Buildings, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and other reminders of the city’s imperial history. After a free afternoon, enjoy an evening concert of Strauss’ and Mozart’s music. (B)
Wednesday, Day 3, in Vienna
Visit the Kunsthistorische Museum this morning for a guided tour. The museum houses outstanding collections of art, sculpture, coins, armor, musical instruments, and more.
The balance of the day is free to enjoy Vienna at your own pace. (B)
Thursday, Day 4, to Budapest
Travel into Hungary and on to Budapest. The afternoon is free to explore the “Paris of the East,” browse in the shops, snack on a tasty slice of cherry strudel, sip a fine Hungarian wine, or perhaps join one of the optional excursions available. (B)
Friday, Day 5, in Budapest
Set on opposite banks of the Danube River, the former cities of Buda and Pest are linked by a series of graceful bridges. A morning sightseeing tour includes views of the Parliament
building, seat of the National Assembly. Vaci Utca, a pedestrian street lined with shops and restaurants; Heroes’ Square with the Millennium Column, a 118-foot-high Corinthian column topped with a statue of the archangel Gabriel, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The balance of the day is at leisure. (B)
Saturday, Day 6, in Budapest
Your sightseeing tour this morning focuses on the Castle Hill area. You’ll visit the 13th-century Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion, then see the Royal Palace. Your
afternoon is free to do some last-minute shopping, explore more of the city or just relax. Tonight, relish dinner and entertainment in a typical Csarda, or tavern, restaurant. (B, D)
Sunday, Day 7, depart Budapest
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. (B)
Land cost includes:
- Accommodation in first class hotels* based on double occupancy in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast daily and 2 dinners
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Professional English speaking Tour Director throughout
- Luggage handling of one normal sized piece of luggage per person
- Sightseeing as indicated including entrance fees to places of interest highlighted
- Headsets will be provided for included sightseeing tours
- Local taxes and service charges on accommodation and meals included in your tour price
Your land cost does not include:
- Round trip airfare
- Departure taxes/fuel surcharges or airport improvement fees subject to change without prior notice
- Insurance – non-refundable insurance premium
- Documentation including passport fees
- Early check in and late check out
- Single room supplement – a limited number of single rooms is available on payment of supplement
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not specified
- Optional tours not quoted
- Gratuities for individual services such as laundry and valet service or any other items of a purely personal nature
- Tips to drivers/local guides/hotel and restaurant staff – tipping is at the discretion of the traveler
- E. & O.E.
- A similar program can be custom tailored for individuals based on upgraded hotels and sightseeing program by private car.
- For those who is interested in visiting the Jewish heritage in Vienna or Budapest, customized half-day tours can be arranged in each city at additional cost.
- Pre- and post- tours are available.
- Although airfare is not included in this program, we are able to suggest economy class round trip airfares. Please note the airfare suggested is subject to change without prior notice and is not guaranteed until such time as the ticket has actually been issued.
Vienna: Hilton Vienna (SF)
Budapest: Intercontinental (DLX)
Sightseeing tour of
Special Tour Features:
- Heurigen dinner in Vienna
- Strauss & Mozart Concert in Vienna
- Farewell dinner with entertainment in a typical Csarda estaurant in Budapest
B = breakfast L= lunch D = dinner
For information or reservations contact Janice Snider.